Friday Night Lights-OUT

Martin game ends with a disappointed team, but a hyped crowd.

Bowies+Student+Section+at+the+Martin+Orange-OUT+game.+

Natatly Lugo

Bowie’s Student Section at the Martin “Orange-OUT” game.

Bryson Sells, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The rival game against James Martin High School Warriors ended with a loss for the varsity football team at the Wilemon Field. The game ended with a score of 33-21.

The game started  with two fumbles from senior quarterback Tony James in the first couple of plays. The first quarter included a touchdown from senior wide receiver Jalin Badger and a field goal punt, followed by a return touchdown from the Martin Warriors. The Warriors pushed the Volunteers back into the end zone, giving Martin a two-point safety. The first quarter ended with a score of 8-7 in Martin’s favor.

The second quarter began with James almost scoring a touchdown, but fumbled the ball and the Warriors recovered it and returned it to the end zone to score a touchdown. The Volunteers respond with a 69 yd. touchdown pass by senior running back Chris Gardner, followed by a successful two-point conversion by junior wide receiver Jesse Ebozue, rounding out the first half at 15-14 favoring Bowie.

After halftime, James has two more fumbles and senior linebacker Montana Rivas gets injured on a play. The Warriors gain an eight-point lead with a score of 23-15 by the end of the quarter.

The final quarter of the game starts with multiple penalties against the Volunteers and another touchdown from the Warriors. Junior wide receiver Anthony Hopkins scores a touchdown for the Volunteers, followed by a field goal from Martin. The game ends with Martin victorious, but Bowie’s student section cheered on their team.